How I'm Preparing For Autumn


Hey,

So I know its been a long time since I uploaded my first blogpost, and honestly it has taken me a while to fall back in love with writing. Apparently exams do that to you, or so I've learned. Anyway I've decided to kick back into it and am going to share the things I do to 'prepare' for autumn (so to speak).





Hot Drinks

As the weather starts getting colder (which I'm not going to lie hasn't really happened yet) hot drinks, for me at least, become more and more of a staple. Costa trips, holding a warm cup on walks to defrost your hands and topping your drinks off with whipped cream and marshmallows become more of a regular occurrence than ever before. We start swapping our summer-y iced frappes for lattes however if you're anything like me hot chocolates are way to go. I've decided upon the best hot chocolate options to fit anyone's requirements in the hope you'll find one right for you.

Coffee machine drinkers:

For those of you with coffee machines, or who seek a more easy option, I HIGHLY recommend the Milka hot chocolate capsules. They taste really nice and all without all the hassle. They are a bit more on the pricey side (at around £5 for a pack of 8 capsules) so I mainly use these for special occasions or when I want more of an indulgent drink.
For those of you wondering the coffee machine I use is: https://www.tassimo.co.uk/machine-range/black-vivy-machine-3-packs-great-variety-with/p-bundleuk19/
(with this link you get the machine, and 32 drinks for £50! Perfect Christmas present for hot chocolate/ coffee lovers)

Cadbury Hot Chocolate Powder:

This one, I think, is more of an all round favourite. Made with both milk and hot water, this one is such a good choice. I would link it, but I'm pretty sure any shop that stocks food/ drinks will sell this. My favourite way to drink this is topped with whipped cream and marshmallows, and in the festive season served with a candy cane for the delicious mint chocolate taste.
My FAVOURITE marshmallows: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/decorations--toppings---fillings/sainsburys-white-mini-mallows-180g
(any of Sainsbury's marshmallows are delicious, they literally melt the best from any others that I've tested)

Options Hot Chocolate Sachet:

Oh my goodness. Hands down my favourite option so far. They are meant to be the 'lighter' versions of hot chocolates bragging only 39-44 calories, so if your craving a hot chocolate but are trying to be healthy, test these out. My favourite one so far is the mint chocolate flavor, however, a kind lady at the till recommended the butterscotch version so that is my next one to try.
Mint Hot Chocolate Sachet: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/options-mint-single-sachet-11g (the sachets are only 40p, and I have just found out they sell pots of the hot chocolate...well that's where all my money is going...)



I understand that not everyone enjoys hot chocolates, so I've picked some other options.

Other Options:

  • Lattes (as seen above) when I'm particularly missing a trip to costa, I like to treat myself to a Kenco latte and, very rarely, topped with whipped cream.
  • Tea - pretty self explanatory.
  • Herbal tea - my favourite at the moment would have to be a Lemon Meringue Herbal Tea from Asda, may not be everyone's cup of tea (pardon the pun) but it's very delicious. Also, it is caffeine free if you're into that).






Makeup

Not that I consider myself someone who is good or who frequently wears a full face of makeup, I thought some of you may be interested in some of the more Autumnal makeup in my 'collection' (which I say loosely as its not very big aha!)

Firstly, I thought I would share the most autumnal eyeshadow palette I think I have ever seen which I am very lucky to own. It is the MAC Burgundy Times Nine palette and it has such a great shade variety and the eyeshadows apply well. I look forward to using this palette more this year, as I actually, and pretty shockingly, haven't used it much. 







Lips wise, I have picked out three autumnal colours from my collection. Two of these, the sleek matte me lip cremes, I got given to me as part of a set which very handily came with two others a pinky nude (more wearable) and a red. As I don't often sport a bold lip, these haven't been properly tested but from what I can tell they act like lip stains with a matte finish. Therefore, they should be long lasting. And in the middle I have placed the classic Rimmel Kate Moss 107. Need I say more? This choice is the iconic autumnal lip, and offers a more shiny finish for people who don't love the matte lip life.

On the left: Sleek Matte Me Lip in the shade 'velvet slipper' (number 1039)
In the middle: Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 107
On the right: Sleek Matte Me Lip in the shade 'old hollywood' (number 1040)

Nails

If there is ever a time to switch up your colour choices I feel like autumn is the time. I've selected a few that I deem as Autumn shades.

  • Barry M Nail Paint in the shade 'grey' (number 293)
  • Leighton Denny Nail Polish in the shade 'Vamp'
  • Kiko Smart Fast Dry Nail Polish in the shade 'Vintage Red' (number 39)
  • Make Up Gallery Quick Dry Nail Colour in the shade 'Mushroom Magic' (number 6)


Other things...

Some other things that change over autumn is fashion. I tend to reach for scarves more and more when the temperature starts to decrease. But the temperature isn't the only thing that changes. The colours in autumn/ winter fashion change and honestlty I love this season because of it. I love walking through shops looking at all of the burgundy and mustard clothing lining the shelves and I think its nice to add more layers to your outfits, yet I love the days that feel like summer too. It's an all round great season, in my opinion anyway. 

Above all, my favourite thing about autumn has to be when the leaves begin to change colour and fall to the ground. It is definetly one of the highlights of the year for me, mainly because it means its nearing Halloween which means Christmas is VERY close. And I'm definetly up for watching elf again and again with my sister who is honestly the biggest fan. 


That's it for now, I hope you found this entertaining or helpful and not just incredibly boring!
Don't forget to follow my socials for some autumnal pics which will be uploaded flooding my feed, you won't regret it!

Love,
Ellie-Megan xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts